Roll Credits, our new 8 song mini-album, is officially out. You can pick up the vinyl/CD/digital files online from our webstore, our bandcamp, or from Fat. We’ll be playing a bunch of shows in support so do come on out.
Sorry for the wait, we are back, let’s get down to it…
1. This Summer marks Night Birds 10 YEAR anniversary so we’re going all out…
2. We have a new mini-album called “Roll Credits” coming out Sept. 21st on Fat Wreck Chords.
3. You can now listen to our first new song in nearly 3 years, and collectively one of our favorites we’ve ever done. It’s called “My Dad is the BTK” and it can be found here: https://www.decibelmagazine.com/…/track-premiere-night-bir…/
4. Pre-orders are available NOW over at FATWRECK.COM. There are LPs as well as 500 limited 7″ box set versions of the album to properly display the incredible artwork that we commissioned nine of our insanely talented friends to create. Endless thanks to Chris Shary, Nathan Gattis, Perry Shall, Marissa Paternoster, Michael Saunders, Paul D’Elia, Alex Hagen, Sean Pryor, and Keith Marlowe.
5. We’ve reunited with our old friend, Mike Hunchback, who played guitar in Night Birds from ’09-’12. He produced and played on this album (alongside PJ, of course), and will be playing live with us for the first time in 6 years! This will be the first time ever we are playing as a 5 piece lineup and we think it sounds better and more powerful than ever before…
6. SHOWS! We have 17 of them, all over the U.S. (we’re eager to get back to see friends in other countries all over the place, and that will happen in the new year, stay tuned!). Check the dates, buy some tickets, come hang out.
Thanks for caring, it means the world to us. Here’s to 10 more years!
An honor to be warming up the stage once again for the almighty DESCENDENTS.
SAT 08.05.17 / Norfolk, VA
@ The NorVa
w/ The Bronx + Night Birds
SUN 09.10.17 / Providence, RI
@ Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel
w/ Night Birds + Berri Txarak
tickets to all our upcoming shows can be found here: http://www.fatwreck.com/
Some big news from Night Birds camp: Starting in November we will be taking a break from playing live shows to focus on families and that domesticated suburbia life. We’re very happy to announce that our own Joe & Maya have some babies dropping later this year. Mazal Tov! It’s difficult to believe we’re approaching the 8-year (HOLY SHIT!) mark of countless weekends and damn near every vacation day from our jobs out on the road, all over the map. It’s time to mow the lawn and take the kids to Disneyland, but we’ll be back soon with some tricks up our sleeves.
With that said, the break doesn’t start for a few months, so we’ll be cramming in a few shows before hibernation, in addition to the Jersey City, Boston, and Philly shows we have planned for later in July (you can buy tickets to those here: http://www.fatwreck.com/
“Here’s to those who wish us well, and those who don’t can go to hell.” – Elaine Benes
Night Birds are heading down-under for our first time as support for Clowns.
SUN 6/4 – Perth @ The Boston
THU 6/8 – Gold Coast @ Miami Shark Bar
FRI 6/9 – Brisbane @ The Zoo
SAT 6/10 – Newcastle @ The Small Ballroom
SUN 6/11 – Sydney @ Imperial Hotel
MON 6/12 – Wollongong @ Urge Records (PUBLIC HOLIDAY, W/O CLOWNS)
THU 6/15 – Adelaide @ Enigma
FRI 6/16 – Hobart @ The Brisbane Hotel
SAT 6/17 – Melbourne @ The Corner
Heading down to Texas and Mexico in just a few days. Won’t you come join us?
FRI 2/10 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk w/Drakulas
SAT 2/11 – Dallas, TX @ RBC w/Drakulas
SUN 2/12 – Houston, TX @ Walter’s Downtown w/Drakulas
MON 2/13 – McAllen, TX @ Yerberia Cultura w/Drakulas
TUE 2/14 – Monterrey, MX @ Central
THU 2/16 – San Luis Potosi, MX @ Loud
FRI 2/17 – Guadalajara, MX @ Foro Independencia
SAT 2/18 – Mexico City, MX @ Foro Alicia
Mike Hunchback was Night Birds’ guitarist when the band started, before PJ Russo took over. Our parting of ways was very amicable and we remain close pals. Mike continues to reside in Brooklyn, NY, runs a rad record shop, and plays in a band called Screeching Weasel. These (songs on this 7″) are some demos we recorded in preparation for some of our early records. Two of these tracks are especially interesting, in my opinion, because they contain Mike playing everything and even singing on a pair of tunes he had written for the band. Reminds me a bit of the first Misfits single, Cough/Cool, which I think is what led to us “borrowing” the entire layout to the classic Glenn Danzig Who Killed Marilyn? EP. Good thing this is a limited run, because I think the inevitable cease and desist would have led to making it pretty limited anyway. I suggest buying these things up quickly before Glenn has ‘em melted down and Fat Wreck is forced to have a pair of pants made out of them. (Out this fall on www.fatwreck.com).
Night Birds are playing shows with the DESCENDENTS! Can’t tell you how excited we are about sharing the stage with a band who was a total game changer for each of us.